Dental implants are permanent, artificial tooth replacements for patients who are missing one or more teeth. They look and feel just like natural teeth and improve your bite, appearance, oral health and overall well-being.
If you live in the Bay Area and are missing one or more teeth, please call the DENTAL STUDIO SF today at 415-392-5025 to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced dentists.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are designed to look, feel and work just like your natural teeth. A dental implant is a titanium root that supports a dental restoration such as a porcelain dental crown or dental bridge. They provide a stable, secure foundation that function just like your existing teeth.
A dental implant usually consists of three components:
- Titanium post (fused directly into the jawbone)
- Porcelain crown or other restoration
- Abutment (the connecting device that attaches the restoration component to the implanted post)
Benefits Of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer a number of important benefits to the health of your smile compared to other solutions such as dentures or dental bridges, including:
- Convenience: Implants are permanent restorations which can be easily cared for just like your normal teeth.
- Durability: By maintaining a healthy oral hygiene routine, a tooth implant can last the rest of your life.
- Improved bone structure: Missing teeth can negatively affect your jaw. Teeth implants can prevent your jawbone from deteriorating, preserving more of your natural bone structure.
- Improved speech: Slipping dentures and missing teeth can affect your ability to speak clearly. Dental implants ensure you will always be able to pronounce words the way you intend.
- Improved eating ability: You can rely on the strength of a tooth implant to allow you to eat all of your favorite foods without concern.
- Improved appearance: Your teeth implants will blend seamlessly with your natural teeth, providing you with a confident, winning smile.
- Improved comfort: Removable dentures aren’t always comfortable. Dental implants are fused with your jawbone, giving you a tooth restoration option that feels as good as it looks.
Dr. Fredrickson at Dental Studio is amazing. He’s been consistently by my side throughout a lengthy and necessary major implant process of my front teeth. Yowza! I have felt very supported and informed every step of the way, with his patient-centered style and individualized attention. I’m so grateful to Dr. Fredrickson for his patience in taking the time to explain the procedures and give me time to ask questions, fit me in quickly with a dental emergency, and working closely with my periodontist team. He’s a delightful and thorough dentist and I highly recommend him. Plus the office staff are super nice and organized, so there are never any financial surprises! Thank you Dr. Fredrickson for giving me a beautiful new smile !
October 11, 2019
Are Dental Implants Right For Me?
Dental implants are the most effective tooth replacement option for almost everyone. Generally speaking, you may be a good candidate for teeth implants if:
- Your jawbone is strong enough to support a surgically implanted dental post
- Your oral and overall health is in good condition
- Your jaw is fully developed (this tends to happen between the ages of 16 and 18)
During your initial consultation, the dentist will examine your teeth, jaws, bite, gums and overall oral and general health to determine if dental implants are an appropriate solution for your dental needs.
If you suffer from other issues, such as gum disease, the dentist will help treat your condition first to help ensure a successful tooth implant procedure. We are committed to helping you find the tooth replacement option that best meets your needs.
Contact the DENTAL STUDIO SF
Missing teeth can affect more than just your bite and appearance. Don’t delay the treatment you need.
To discuss dental implants and all of your tooth replacement options, contact the DENTAL STUDIO SF today by calling 415-392-5025or completing the form on this page. We proudly help patients from San Francisco and the entire Bay Area.