Besides the awesome patient experience at the DENTAL STUDIO SF, the last thing on your mind is probably your dental insurance. There are a couple of important things to know about dental insurances:
- Most insurance plans have a total benefits limit. Although most insurance plans cover 100% of preventative care services (e.g. cleanings), other services (e.g. root canal, oral surgery) may only be covered up to a specific percentage. Everyone’s plan is different. Learn more about the limitations of dental insurance and check with your insurer to see your coverage.
- At the DENTAL STUDIO SF, we can help estimate how much your treatment will cost before your insurance is used. It is still your responsibility to check with your insurance based on your treatment plan. As a courtesy, we bill your insurance for the services performed. If your insurance does not sufficiently cover your treatment, that cost will be extended to you.
- We also offer flexible patient financing to help you fit treatment into your budget.
Our practice accepts all major PPO dental insurance plans and we are happy to electronically file claims on the patient’s behalf. All of our patients choose to see us as their out-of-network option. The majority of dental insurance carriers consider teeth cleanings, x-rays, and exams at up to 100%, so we do not collect any copayment upfront unless otherwise notified. If you would like to know more about specific coverage amounts, you can call your insurance company directly.
Note: The information shared with us by insurance companies is a general guideline. They will not provide us with specifics.
Below are the procedure codes and fees associated with your first dental visit:
- D1110 $160.00 Teeth Cleaning
- D0210 $225.00 Full-mouth x-rays
- D0150 $150.00 Comprehensive exam
If you call a dental insurance representative referencing the above procedure codes and fees, they may be able to tell if your coverage allows exactly 100% benefit or if you will have a co-payment for your initial visit.
The DENTAL STUDIO SF does not create a treatment plan around insurance coverage. Our goal is to keep you healthy and smiling for years to come!
If you are uncertain about some details about your insurance, please contact us directly at 415-472-9460.