Exceptional cosmetic dentistry requires an experienced, highly-trained dentist with refined clinical skills and an artistic eye for facial aesthetics. As a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, the American Academy of Facial Esthetics and the International Academy of Facial Aesthetics, cosmetic dentist Dr. Jarrod Cornehl is committed to providing the highest quality of dental care that is tailored specifically to your unique goals. Dr. Kevin Tan studied extensively in aesthetic dentistry and is an accomplished practicing cosmetic dentist.
If you would like to enhance any aspect of your smile’s appearance, please contact the DENTAL STUDIO SF today online or at 415-392-5025 to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced cosmetic dentists. We welcome patients from throughout the Bay Area.
On this page, you will find information related to our cosmetic dentistry services, including:
- Smile makeover
- Teeth whitening
- Dental bonding
- Porcelain veneers
- Gum contouring
- Tooth-colored fillings
- Preview your future smile
- Questions to ask your cosmetic dentist
- Why choose the DENTAL STUDIO SF?
- Schedule your free cosmetic dentistry consultation today
A smile makeover isn’t a single procedure; it is an umbrella term for any combination of cosmetic dentistry procedures designed to improve the appearance of your smile. Since no two smiles are exactly alike, your smile makeover will be specially customized just for you.
Your smile makeover can address a broad range of cosmetic dental issues and improve the appearance of teeth that are:
- Unevenly spaced
- Severely worn
- Stained or discolored
Of course, your smile includes more than just your teeth. Our cosmetic dentists can also correct gummy smiles and uneven gum lines. They will work closely with you to develop a tailored plan that addresses all of your unique needs.
A bright, dazzling smile can help make a better impression and help you feel more confident in social and professional interactions. At the DENTAL STUDIO SF, we off a variety of teeth whitening options to help you get the sparkling smile you deserve. We offer both in-office and at-home teeth whitening options to make your teeth whitening experience convenient to your schedule and lifestyle.
When conducted under the supervision of a cosmetic dentist, teeth whitening is safer and more effective compared to over-the-counter alternatives at your local drugstore.
Dental bonding is an effective method of augmenting, reshaping or rebuilding a certain area of a tooth. Dental bonding can be used to treat:
- Minor problems with tooth shape
- Small gaps between teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Teeth that require temporary restoration while waiting for a crown or veneer
The process in which bonding is placed is quick and simple. In just one visit, we can place the material on your tooth and shape it to look natural and beautiful. Once the bonding hardens, your results can last for years.
A porcelain veneer is a thin, durable porcelain covering that is bonded to the front of your natural tooth to conceal flaws and create a stunning smile. They are a highly versatile solution for correcting an array of dental problems, such as:
- Gapped teeth
- Misshapen teeth
- Worn teeth
- Certain spacing issues
- Stains and discoloration
- Chipped teeth
- Broken teeth
Porcelain veneers are resistant to staining, cracking and breaking. With proper care, they can last for decades. Our dentists will customize your veneers to capture the aesthetic quality you desire.
Ideally, your gums should frame your teeth evenly. If your gums are uneven or if there is too much gum tissue, known as a “gummy smile”, it can create an unwanted imbalance in your smile and make your teeth appear short or small. Our practice offers advanced treatment options for these concerns, including laser gum contouring. Our cosmetic dentists can precisely recontour your gums to give them a natural, pleasing appearance. In just one appointment, we can give you a more even, consistent gum line and a healthy-looking smile.
If you would like to undergo orthodontic treatment but shudder at the idea of traditional braces and the appearance of a “metal mouth,” Invisalign may be an ideal solution. The Invisalign system utilizes a customized series of clear plastic aligners to gradually move your teeth into optimal position.
Invisalign offers a number of advantages over conventional metal braces, including:
- No one will notice: The clear plastic aligners are virtually unnoticeable to others.
- Comfortable fit: The smooth, form-fitting plastic material used for your aligners is molded to the unique contours of your mouth, making for a comfortable treatment process.
- Removable aligners: You can still enjoy all of the foods you love. Your aligners can be removed when you are eating and brushing your teeth.
- Customizable treatment: Your aligners are made just for you to address your individual needs.
- Less time in the dentist’s chair: Invisalign requires fewer dental appointments than traditional braces: about one every six weeks.
In the event of tooth decay, fillings are commonly placed to restore tooth function. In the past, fillings were usually only gold or silver (amalgam). Today, tooth-colored fillings have become the most sought-after choice for filling cavities.
Tooth-colored fillings consist of composite resins and porcelains. They are designed to mimic the way your natural tooth looks and feels. You can enjoy healthy, functional teeth without the worry of exposing metal fillings every time you smile.
Tooth-colored fillings offer a variety of benefits, because they:
- Don’t require the removal of healthy tooth structure
- Strengthen and stabilize your decaying tooth
- Have been proven to be effective and safe through scientific studies and clinical research
- Are comfortable for your tooth and your bite
- Are matched to your surrounding teeth
- Bond directly to your tooth
- Mimic the translucency and shape of your enamel and dentin
Preview Your Future Smile
At the DENTAL STUDIO SF, you can see what your new smile will look before you even start treatment. With advanced digital imaging, we can input a picture of your current smile, add the cosmetic alterations from your chosen treatment and, within an hour, show you what your future smile will look like. This will help both you and the dentist feel confident that you will love your results.
For some procedures, such as porcelain veneers, we offer chair side mockups: physical models of your veneers that actually fit into your mouth. This allows you to simply glance in a mirror to see what you will soon look like. This is also a great way to preview your smile for other people. This process does take more time than our digital imaging option.
Questions To Ask Your Cosmetic Dentist
Your initial consultation with the dentist is an opportunity to meet personally to discuss what you do and don’t like about your smile and learn about the options available to help you get the smile of your dreams. It is also our chance to learn about you, your goals and the state of your oral condition.
For your cosmetic dentistry consultation, it’s a good idea to come prepared with some thoughts about what you’d like to accomplish with your smile and some questions you’d like to ask.
Questions you may consider asking:
- What treatment or procedure would you recommend for me? What are the advantages of those recommendations?
- Are there alternatives to the recommended treatment? What are the pros and cons of the alternative treatment?
- What training do you have that will help you perform my procedure?
- What ongoing training are you doing to keep in touch with advances in dentistry?
- How much experience do you have performing this procedure?
- Can I see before and after images of cases like mine?
- Can I talk to some previous patients?
- What complications have you seen in previous treatments and how did you handle them?
- How long can I expect my results to last? What do I have to do to maintain them?
- If I am unhappy with my results, what will you do?
Why Choose The DENTAL STUDIO SF?
Our dentists strive to create brilliant smiles without sacrificing the optimal functionality of your teeth. Many of the cosmetic dentistry services offered at the DENTAL STUDIO SF can enhance the beauty of your smile while also improving your bite and ability to speak and chew.
Our comprehensive approach to cosmetic dentistry involves looking at all aspects of your dental health and determining what is at the root of your cosmetic issue. Our dentists strive to help you have teeth and gums that are attractive, but also healthy and strong.
Patient education is a cornerstone of our mission. Through detailed explanations of your current oral state and treatment options, we empower you to make informed choices regarding your dental care. Our dentists work to understand your unique goals and then discusses all of your treatment options and alternatives.
Our dentists have trained extensively in the field of cosmetic dentistry and earned awards for excellence in aesthetic and clinical dentistry. They are proud members of the Spear Education Institute, one of the premier organizations in the United States offering continuing education to dentists who are dedicated to providing patients with state-of-the-art technology and services.
Schedule Your Free Cosmetic Dentistry Consultation Today
If you live in or near San Francisco and would like to learn more about the cosmetic dentistry treatments offered at the DENTAL STUDIO SF, please contact us today by completing the form on this page or calling 415-392-5025.