Exceptional cosmetic dentistry requires an experienced, highly-trained dentist with refined clinical skills and an artistic eye for facial aesthetics. As a member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, the American Academy of Facial Esthetics, and the International Academy of Facial Aesthetics, Dr. Jarrod Cornehl is committed to providing the highest quality of dental care that is tailored specifically to your unique goals. Dr. Cornehl has studied extensively in aesthetic dentistry and is an accomplished cosmetic dentist in San Francisco.
When You Should See a Cosmetic Dentist
You should consider seeing our cosmetic dentist if you are facing any of the following situations:
- Teeth Discoloration: If you have stained or yellowed teeth that do not improve with regular brushing.
- Chipped or Broken Teeth: If you have chipped, cracked, or broken teeth.
- Missing Teeth: If you have lost one or more teeth due to injury or disease.
- Misaligned or Spaced Teeth: If your teeth are crooked, overcrowded, or have noticeable gaps.
- Unhappy with Smile Appearance: If you’re not happy with your smile for any reason.
- Worn Down Teeth: Teeth can be worn down over time due to grinding, a condition known as bruxism or due to acid erosion.
Remember, it’s not just about aesthetics. Many cosmetic dentistry procedures can also improve oral problems, such as your bite and the function of your teeth. If any of the above dental issues apply to you, we recommend you schedule a FREE consultation with our cosmetic dentist in San Francisco to discuss your unique concerns, the available options, the risks, and the benefits of each procedure.
Our Cosmetic Dental Services
- Smile Makeover
- Teeth whitening
- Dental bonding
- Porcelain veneers
- Gum contouring
- Tooth-colored fillings
- Preview your future smile
- Questions to ask your cosmetic dentist
- Why choose the DENTAL STUDIO SF?
- Schedule your free cosmetic dentistry consultation today
A full smile makeover isn’t a single procedure; it is an umbrella term for any combination of dental procedures designed to improve the appearance of your smile. Since no two smiles are exactly alike, your smile makeover will be specially customized just for you.
With a full smile makeover, our cosmetic dentist in San Francisco can address a broad range of cosmetic dental issues and improve the appearance of teeth that are:
- Unevenly spaced
- Severely worn
- Stained or discolored
A full smile makeover is an investment in yourself, and it can revolutionize not just the way you look but also how you feel. It offers you the opportunity to address multiple dental concerns in a comprehensive manner, thereby creating a harmonious, bright, and beautiful smile that reflects your inner confidence. If you’ve spent years hiding your smile due to discoloration, misalignment, missing teeth, or other dental issues, a smile makeover can be a transformative experience, boosting your self-esteem and improving your overall oral health. A full smile makeover is more than just a series of procedures – it’s a carefully planned journey toward achieving the smile you’ve always dreamed of, one that fits your personality and enhances your overall appearance. Learn more about our FULL smile makeover here.
A bright, dazzling smile can help make a better impression and help you feel more confident in social and professional interactions. At the DENTAL STUDIO SF, we off a variety of teeth whitening options to help you get the sparkling smile you deserve. We offer both in-office and at-home teeth whitening options to make your teeth whitening experience convenient to your schedule and lifestyle. When conducted under the supervision of a trained cosmetic dentist, teeth whitening is safer and more effective compared to over-the-counter alternatives at your local drugstore. Learn more about our teeth whitening services here!
What is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is a common procedure designed to lighten the color of the teeth and help remove stains and discoloration. It’s one of the most popular cosmetic dental procedures because it can significantly improve how your teeth look and boost your confidence.
When You Should Consider Teeth Whitening
You should consider getting teeth whitening in the following scenarios:
- Stained Teeth: If you notice your teeth have become stained or discolored due to the consumption of certain foods and drinks like coffee, tea, red wine, or soda, or from tobacco use, a teeth whitening procedure can help improve their color.
- Special Occasions: You might want to get your teeth whitened for a special occasion where you want to look your best, like a wedding, job interview, graduation, or class reunion.
- Boost Confidence: If your teeth’s current color or appearance is impacting your self-confidence or you’re self-conscious about your smile, teeth whitening can provide a brighter, whiter smile that can help improve your self-esteem.
Dental bonding is an effective method of augmenting, reshaping, or rebuilding a certain area of a tooth. Dental bonding, also known as composite bonding, is a procedure in which a tooth-colored, putty-like resin, which is a durable plastic material, is applied to the tooth and hardened with a special light. This bonds the material to the tooth and improves the overall appearance of the tooth. The process in which bonding is placed is quick and simple. In just one visit, we can place the material on your tooth and shape it to look natural and beautiful. Once the bonding hardens, your results can last for years!
When You Should Get Dental Bonding
You might consider dental bonding in the following scenarios:
- Chipped or Cracked Teeth: Dental bonding is often used to repair chipped, cracked, or fractured teeth. It’s a less invasive option than other restorative procedures and can usually be completed in a single visit.
- Discolored Teeth: If you have a tooth or teeth that are discolored and teeth whitening has not been effective, dental bonding can be used to cover the discoloration.
- To Fill Cavities: Dental bonding is often used to fill cavities in teeth because it can match the color of the existing teeth, providing a more natural appearance than traditional silver fillings.
- To Close Gaps: If you have small gaps between your teeth that you’d like to close without orthodontic treatment, dental bonding can be used to fill these spaces.
- To Protect Exposed Roots: If your gums have receded and exposed parts of your tooth roots, bonding can be used to protect these areas from sensitivity and decay.
- To Improve Tooth Shape or Size: If you have teeth that are too small, irregularly shaped, or worn down, bonding material can be used to alter the shape or size for a more aesthetically pleasing appearance.
You can learn more about our dental bonding services here!
A porcelain veneer is a thin, durable porcelain covering that is bonded to the front of your natural tooth to conceal flaws and create a stunning smile.
When You Should Consider Veneers
You might consider getting veneers in the following situations:
- Severely Discolored Teeth: Sometimes, teeth can be so stained or discolored that traditional whitening treatments are not effective. In such cases, veneers can provide a bright, white smile.
- Damaged Teeth: If your teeth are chipped, broken, or worn down, veneers can restore the appearance of these teeth.
- Misaligned or Irregularly Shaped Teeth: If you have minor misalignment or gaps between your teeth, or if your teeth are irregularly shaped, veneers can provide a more uniform and straighter smile without the need for orthodontics.
- Enamel Erosion: If your tooth enamel has been worn down or eroded due to acid reflux, certain diets, or other health factors, veneers can protect the tooth and prevent further damage while providing a healthy appearance.
Porcelain veneers are resistant to staining, cracking, and breaking. With proper care, they can last for decades. Our dentists will customize your veneers to capture the aesthetic quality you desire. You can learn more about our dental veneer services here.
Ideally, your gums should frame your teeth evenly. If your gums are uneven or if there is too much gum tissue, known as a “gummy smile”, it can create an unwanted imbalance in your smile and make your teeth appear short or small. Gum contouring, also known as gum reshaping or tissue sculpting, is a cosmetic dental procedure that’s used to change the shape of your gums. This procedure can help those who are unhappy with how their gums look.
When You Should Consider Gum Contouring
You might consider gum contouring if you have a “gummy” smile, a condition where a high amount of gum tissue is shown when you smile, making the teeth appear short. Others might consider it if their gum line is uneven. In these cases, gum contouring can be used to sculpt the gum line to create a look that is more balanced and symmetrical.
Our practice offers advanced treatment options for these concerns, including laser gum contouring. Our cosmetic dentist in San Francisco can precisely recontour your gums to give them a natural, pleasing appearance. In just one appointment, we can give you a more even, consistent gum line and a healthy-looking smile! You can learn more about our gum contouring services here.
If you would like to undergo orthodontic treatment but shudder at the idea of traditional braces and the appearance of a “metal mouth,” Invisalign may be an ideal solution. The Invisalign system utilizes a customized series of clear plastic aligners to gradually move your teeth into optimal positions.
Invisalign offers a number of advantages over conventional metal braces, including:
- No one will notice: The clear plastic aligners are virtually unnoticeable to others.
- Comfortable fit: The smooth, form-fitting plastic material used for your aligners is molded to the unique contours of your mouth, making for a comfortable treatment process.
- Removable aligners: You can still enjoy all of the foods you love. Your aligners can be removed when you are eating and brushing your teeth.
- Customizable treatment: Your aligners are made just for you to address your individual needs.
- Less time in the dentist’s chair: Invisalign requires fewer dental appointments than traditional braces: about one every six weeks.
You can learn more about our Invisalign services here!
In the event of tooth decay, fillings are commonly placed to restore tooth function. In the past, fillings were usually only gold or silver (amalgam). Today, tooth-colored fillings have become the most sought-after choice for filling cavities.
Tooth-colored fillings consist of composite resins and porcelains. They are designed to mimic the way your natural tooth looks and feels. You can enjoy healthy, functional teeth without the worry of exposing metal fillings every time you smile.
Tooth-colored fillings offer a variety of benefits because they:
- Don’t require the removal of healthy tooth structure
- Strengthen and stabilize your decaying tooth
- Have been proven to be effective and safe through scientific studies and clinical research
- Are comfortable for your tooth and your bite
- Are matched to your surrounding teeth
- Bond directly to your tooth
- Mimic the translucency and shape of your enamel and dentin
You can learn more about tooth-colored fillings here!
Preview Your Future Smile
At the DENTAL STUDIO SF, you can see what your new smile will look like before you even start treatment. With advanced digital imaging, we can input a picture of your current smile, add the cosmetic alterations from your chosen treatment and, within an hour, show you what your future smile will look like. This will help both you and the dentist feel confident that you will love your results.
For some procedures, such as porcelain veneers, we offer chair-side mockups: physical models of your veneers that actually fit into your mouth. This allows you to simply glance in a mirror to see what you will soon look like. This is also a great way to preview your smile for other people. This process does take more time than our digital imaging option.
Questions To Ask Our Cosmetic Dentist
Your initial consultation with our cosmetic dentist in San Francisco is an opportunity to discuss what you do and don’t like about your smile and learn about the options available to help you get the smile of your dreams. It is also our chance to learn about you, your goals, and the state of your oral condition.
For your first consultation with our cosmetic dentist in San Francisco, it’s a good idea to come prepared with some thoughts about what you’d like to accomplish with your smile and some questions you’d like to ask.
Questions you may consider asking:
- What treatment or procedure would you recommend for me? What are the advantages of those recommendations?
- Are there alternatives to the recommended treatment? What are the pros and cons of the alternative treatment?
- What training do you have that will help you perform my procedure?
- What ongoing training are you doing to keep in touch with advances in dentistry?
- How much experience do you have performing this procedure?
- Can I see before and after images of cases like mine?
- Can I talk to some previous patients?
- What complications have you seen in previous treatments, and how did you handle them?
- How long can I expect my results to last? What do I have to do to maintain them?
- If I am unhappy with my results, what will you do?
Why Choose The DENTAL STUDIO SF?
Our dentists strive to create brilliant smiles without sacrificing the optimal functionality of your teeth. Many of the cosmetic services offered at the DENTAL STUDIO SF can enhance the beauty of your smile while also improving your bite and ability to speak and chew.
Our comprehensive approach to cosmetic dentistry involves looking at all aspects of your dental health and determining what is at the root of your cosmetic issue. Our dentists strive to help you have teeth and gums that are attractive but also healthy and strong.
Patient education is a cornerstone of our mission. Through detailed explanations of your current oral state and treatment options, we empower you to make informed choices regarding your dental care. Our dentists work to understand your unique goals and then discuss all of your treatment options and alternatives.
Our dentists have trained extensively in the field of cosmetic dentistry and earned awards for excellence in aesthetic and clinical dentistry. They are proud members of the Spear Education Institute, one of the premier organizations in the United States, offering continuing education to dentists who are dedicated to providing patients with state-of-the-art technology and services.
Schedule Your Free Cosmetic Dentistry Consultation Today
If you’re looking for a cosmetic dentist in San Francisco and would like to learn more about the dental treatments offered at the DENTAL STUDIO SF, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today by completing the form on this page or calling 415-392-5025. We look forward to meeting you!