The prevention, diagnosis and treatment of oral health conditions such as gum disease and tooth decay are essential to helping your smile last a lifetime. Good oral health also plays an important role in your overall general health. Studies show that you can significantly reduce your risk for many serious health issues that impact your entire body by diligently maintaining healthy teeth and gums.
By visiting our San Francisco dentist at the DENTAL STUDIO at least twice a year for comprehensive examinations and professional teeth cleaning, you can help ensure that potential issues are identified early and addressed before they advance into serious problems.
If you live in the Bay Area and would like to learn more about the general dentistry services offered at the DENTAL STUDIO, please call 415-392-5025 or complete the form on this page. We welcome patients from San Francisco, San Rafael, Oakland and Berkeley.
On this page, you will find information regarding:
- Our general dentistry services
- Preventative dentistry
- Dental exams and teeth cleanings
- Porcelain crowns and dental bridges
- At-home oral hygiene tips
- Signs you should visit the dentist
- Emergency dentistry
- Why choose Dr. Cornehl as your general dentist
- Contact us today to schedule your appointment
Solid dental hygiene habits are fundamental components of good oral health, but there are certain critical services that only a general dentist can provide. This is why it is so important to meet regularly with San Francisco dentist Dr. Cornehl. Through regular dental exams, he can monitor the ongoing state of your oral health and explain your treatment options when issues arise.
The San Francisco general dentistry services offered at the DENTAL STUDIO include:
- Dental exams and teeth cleaning
- TMJ/TMD treatment
- Dental implants
- Porcelain crowns
- Dental bridges
- Inlays and onlays
- Periodontal treatment
- Sleep apnea treatment
- Emergency dentistry
Brushing, flossing and rinsing are the building blocks of a healthy mouth. However, even a strict oral hygiene regimen should just be one component of your overall oral health plan. The field of preventative dentistry encompasses dental services that are designed to prevent damage and disease of your teeth, gums and other oral structures.
An important part of preventative dentistry is early detection. By visiting our San Francisco general dentist regularly, developing problems can be spotted early. Dr. Cornehl may use sealants to prevent cavities from forming, or suggest a fluoride treatment to prevent decay. Early detection can help you avoid invasive treatment and greater expenses in the future.
Another crucial element of preventative dentistry, as well as a cornerstone of the DENTAL STUDIO’s approach to dentistry, is patient education. San Francisco dentist Dr. Cornehl will always thoroughly explain the state of your oral health and specific steps you can take to maintain or improve it.
Your regularly scheduled dental exams at the DENTAL STUDIO involve much more than just a standard teeth cleaning. Dr. Cornehl will perform a variety of screenings to ensure your bite is functioning properly and your entire mouth is healthy.
If it is your first visit to our San Francisco dentist office, you will experience the full benefits of the new client experience. During your two-hour initial visit, you will receive:
- Comprehensive hour-long teeth-cleaning session with our experienced hygienist
- Digital photography of your teeth
- Full-mouth set of radiographs
- Thorough oral examination and complete tour of your mouth with Dr. Cornehl
This comprehensive examination helps us understand the full picture of your oral state. As part of our dedication to you, the information we gain from this visit won’t just be put in your patient file, it will be shared with you and completely explained. You will leave your examination with a full report of findings. This report will be an invaluable tool for understanding your current oral condition and your ability to be an informed participant in discussions involving your future treatments.
Dental crowns and bridges are custom-fitted tooth prosthetics used replace or restore missing or damaged teeth. At the DENTAL STUDIO, we use only the finest materials available for our dental restorations to give you a smile that looks as good as it functions.
Porcelain crowns, or caps, are used to fully cover a damaged tooth to preserve its shape, alignment and function. They are used to:
- Restore a fractured tooth
- Replace a filling when not enough healthy tooth remains
- Cover a tooth after a root canal
- Cover a dental implant
- Protect a tooth from fracturing
- Attach a dental bridge
Dental bridges use your existing teeth to support a replacement tooth. Replacing missing teeth is important for several reasons, including:
- Maintaining your ability to eat and speak
- Preventing muscle and jaw joint strain
- Maintaining an aligned bite
- Preventing remaining teeth from shifting
- Feeling confident in your smile
A dental bridge isn’t the only option for replacing a missing tooth. San Francisco dentist Dr. Cornehl will work with you to make an informed decision about which treatment is right for you.
A good dental hygiene regimen is essential for maintaining a strong, healthy smile. By tending to your teeth and gums on a daily basis, you can prevent the development of decay, inflammation, and disease which can impact both your oral and general health.
In order to gain the maximum benefits from your at-home dental care, it’s important to not rush and do it properly. Here are some tips:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day, for two minutes each time.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush for healthy gums.
- Hold your toothbrush at an angle to your gums, with the ends of the bristles pointed toward the gum line.
- Use gentle back-and-forth motions.
- Make sure you brush all surfaces of your teeth: on the outer sides, the inner sides facing your tongue and the chewing surfaces.
- Brush your tongue.
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months, or once the bristles have become frayed (and therefore less effective).
- Consider using an electric toothbrush for easier, more comfortable brushing.
Brushing requires only light pressure. Over time, forceful brushing can erode your gum tissue and tooth enamel.
- Floss once a day, every day.
- Use a long strand, about 12-inches or longer, so that you have enough clean sections of floss.
- Gently glide the floss between your teeth, curving around the bottom of each tooth where it meets the gum line.
- Gently floss up and down to remove plaque and food debris.
Daily brushing and flossing are important, but these activities alone are not sufficient to maintain optimal levels of oral health. You also need to visit our general dentist twice a year for regularly scheduled dental exams and teeth cleanings. These visits are crucial for removing plaque and tartar from your teeth as well as identifying oral health issues in their earliest stages.
Visiting regularly with a general dentist is a key element to maintaining good oral health. During these visits you'll receive a professional teeth cleaning by one of our experienced and friendly hygienists. Our San Francisco dentist will use specialized instruments to remove hardened plaque and tarter, and to polish your teeth clean. Dr. Cornehl will then perform a thorough examination of your mouth to assess your oral health and identify potential concerns.
Occasionally, you may notice symptoms emerge between your bi-annual dental exams. You should never wait too long to visit Dr. Cornehl in these situations. In order to keep your mouth in tip-top-shape, you should be aware of some common signs that indicate a need to schedule an appointment:
- Tooth pain
- Tooth sensitivity
- Bleeding, tender and swollen gums
- Loose teeth
- Chronic bad breath
- Facial swelling
- Jaw pain
- Chronic headaches
- Consistent dry mouth
- Color changes in your mouth
Allowing these symptoms to progress until your next regularly scheduled dental visit could lead to serious health issues and more expensive treatments.
Accidents happen at the most inconvenient times. At the DENTAL STUDIO, we understand how stressful and painful a dental emergency can be. Whether your emergency is the result of an unexpected accident or a long-festering issue that has suddenly become an immediate concern, Dr. Cornehl can help.
Most dental emergencies involve trauma and severe pain, such as:
- Cracked tooth
- Jaw swelling or pain
- Tooth or teeth that have been knocked out
- Abscessed tooth
- Chipped tooth
- Severe toothache
- Teeth that have suddenly become loose
When dental emergencies go untreated, they can become serious. Infections from an abscessed tooth can spread to other areas of your body and wreak havoc on your overall health. Having a tooth broken or knocked out can be a painful and startling experience, but we'll help restore your teeth and repair any damage that has occurred.
You don’t need to suffer because of dental problems. Our San Francisco dentist and staff will work diligently to get you into the office as quickly as possible to help you heal.
Dr. Cornehl graduated with honors from University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. He has awards for excellence in aesthetic and clinical dentistry and is a member of the Spear Faculty Club at the esteemed Spear Education Institute.
Dr. Cornehl is also an active member of several professional organizations, including:
- American Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- California Dental Association
- San Francisco Dental Society
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- International Academy of Facial Aesthetics
- American Academy of Facial Aesthetics
Dr. Cornehl uses only the most advanced technology, highest quality materials and works with the finest labs in the country. This ensures your treatment is performed with the highest levels of safety and comfort, producing long-lasting, natural-looking results.
Dr. Cornehl and the entire staff at the DENTAL STUDIO pride themselves on providing unparalleled patient-focused care. When you choose our practice, you will be treated as the unique individual you are. You will always be considered a priority and not just another patient.
To schedule an appointment with our San Francisco general dentist, please call the DENTAL STUDIO today at 415-392-5025. Our office welcomes patients from San Rafael, Oakland, Berkeley and neighboring communities in the Bay Area.